Tutor Resource Center
Home / Shift Covering Policy
Can I ask a friend/co-worker to cover a shift I can't make?
- The short answer: no. True Tutor assigns tutors to students; we do not change the student's tutor unless we absolutely have to. Because of this, we can not have a different tutor show up to a tutoring session without proper and pre-approved notification.
- If you need to miss a tutoring session you're already scheduled for, complete the following steps as soon as possible:
- Complete the "Cancel a session I'm already scheduled for" form in your Tutor Resource Center
- Alert your Area Operator (over 48 hours notice: email; under 48 hours: text message)
- Regardless of the circumstance, asking ANYONE to cover a shift for you without following the appropriate protocol will result in termination. After submitting the form and alerting your Area Operator, True Tutor will assume the responsibility of coming up with an alternative option.
- True Tutor will need to work with the family to either reschedule, institute a substitute tutor, or issue a refund.
- We understand that family emergencies and other previously-unknown conflicts arise. If you need to cancel a tutoring session for a legitimate reason, you will be excused.
- Tutors that cancel sessions for unexcused reasons will be reviewed for employment suspension and/or termination at the discretion of the Area Operator and/or Headquarters.